Quality Swimming Lessons in Your Backyard!
There is no need to leave your home to travel to a busy City pool for swimming lessons. Children can learn how to swim in the comfort of their home pool. Children typically excel in our lessons as they are familiar with the pool and environment.
Our Instructors can pass your children through the Red Cross Swim Program
Swimmers will receive a Red Cross report card after completing the required amount of backyard instruction for their respective level (see below). They will also receive a sticker or badge if they successfully complete all requirements for their swim level!
– Preschool (Starfish – Whale) = 3 hours of instruction required
– Swim Kids 1 – Swim Kids 4 = 3 hours of instruction required
– Swim Kids 5 – Swim Kids 7 = 4 hours of instruction required
– Swim Kids 8 – Swim Kids 10 = 5 hours of instruction required
Private Swimming Lessons
45 minute private: $50 / lesson
60 minute private: $65 / lesson
Semi-Private Swimming Lessons
45 minute semi-private: $70 / lesson
60 minute semi-private: $93 / lesson
Have a larger group for lessons? Hoping to schedule multiple private & semi-private lessons close together?
Select one of our back-to-back lesson options!
Our semi-private lessons are for up to three swimmers of similar swimming ability. If the swimmers are attempting a Red Cross swim level, they must be in the same level (or very similar). We do not put together swimmers for semi-private lessons so clients are responsible for signing up two swimmers for these types of classes. Only have one swimmer, sign up for our private lessons!
It is 100% up to clients to choose to reschedule their lesson by the 4 hour cut-off time if they do not wish to have their scheduled lesson. This includes if it is supposed to rain, thunderstorm, be too chilly to swim, etc. Lessons will proceed as scheduled unless a client reschedules or cancels the lessons. Lessons can be cancelled / rescheduled online through our booking system, by sending us an email, or by calling our office. Our booking system is programmed to send out 24 hour & 6 hour appointment reminders to help remind clients of their upcoming appointments.
> If we receive adequate cancellation notice (4+ hours), clients will be able to reschedule their cancelled lesson to a later date/time in the summer at no cost.
> If a minimum of 4 hours notice is NOT provided, the lesson will continue as scheduled or if the client does not want the lesson to take place, they can forfeit the lesson (no free rescheduling will be allowed). Forfeited lessons will only be allowed to be rescheduled upon payment of our backyard $30 + HST rescheduling fee.
> If our instructor is at your house and the weather becomes unsafe for swimming (i.e. thunderstorm), they will be equipped with a variety of out-of-the-pool water safety activities to help fill the time. Once the weather is safe again for swimming, they will hop back in the pool to finish any remaining time of the lesson. Lessons will still end on schedule.
The ONLY exception to the above weather policy is for backyard lessons that are scheduled to start at 11:00 am or earlier. If a backyard lesson is scheduled to start at 11:00 am or earlier, notice must be given no later than 7:30 am if you wish to not be charged to cancel or reschedule the lesson.
No refunds will be provided for any backyard services once payment has been made.
Please note that we reserve the right to modify or cancel lessons/services. We also reserve the right to adjust the start time of your booked service. We are committed to ensuring that all clients can find a lesson arrangement that works for their schedule. If a booking has to be adjusted or rescheduled, our staff will be in touch with you.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy:
You have up to 4 hours prior to your swimming lesson to cancel the service through our booking system, Acuity. If 4 hours notice is given, you will be allowed to reschedule the service at no cost. After the 4 hour cut-off time, please call our office to cancel the service if needed (as Acuity will no longer let you change that service). The service will not be allowed to be rescheduled without payment of our $30 + HST rescheduling fee.
Preschool swim levels are for children ages 4 months – 6 years old. There are eight Preschool levels and children will progress through these levels based on their age and swimming ability.
- Starfish: 4 – 12 months (parent participation required). Babies and their caregivers work on getting wet, buoyancy and movement, front, back and vertical position in the water, and shallow water entries and exits
- Duck: 12 – 24 months (parent participation required). Babies and their caregivers work on rhythmic breathing, moving forward and backward, front and back float with recovery, and shallow water entries and exits.
- Sea Turtle: 24 – 36 months (parent participation optional). Toddlers (and their caregivers) work on submersion, front and back floats and glides, jumping into chest-deep water with assistance, kicking on front and front swim.
- Sea Otter: 3 – 5 yrs. Swimmers work on front and back floats and glides, kicking on front with a buoyant object, and will be able to swim 1 metre upon completion of this level.
- Salamander: 3 – 5 yrs. Swimmers work on improving their front and back float and jumping into chest-deep water unassisted. Kicking is added to the front and back glide and swimmers will be able to swim 2 metres upon completion
- Sunfish: 3 – 6 yrs. Swimmers work on kicking and can perform glides (front and back), enter deep water safely, float in deep water, swim with a PFD, and swim 5 metres continuously.
- Crocodile: 3 – 6 yrs. Swimmers further develop the front and back glide with kick, front and back swim, jump into deep water, swim with a PFD in deep water, and swim 10 metres continuously.
- Whale: 3 – 6 yrs. Swimmers increase their distance on front and back glide with kick, increase distance on front and back swim, learn the sitting dive, and will be able to swim 15 metres continuously upon completion of the level.
- Swim Kids 1: Swimmers receive an orientation to water and pool area and work on floats, glides and kicking. Swimmers build their endurance by working on the 5 meters front swim.
- Swim Kids 2: Swimmers work on propulsion skills to move through the water and to remain at surface while doing front, back and side glides. Swimmers work on front swim, and learn about deep-water activities and the proper use of Personal Floating Device (PFD) Perform a 10 meters swim.
- Swim Kids 3: Swimmers increase their distance on front, back and Swimmers receive an orientation to water and pool area and work on floats, glides and kicking. Swimmers build their endurance by working on the 5 meters front swim. side glide with kick, increase distance on front and back swim, learn the sitting dive and will be able to swim 15 meters continuously upon completion of level.
- Swim Kids 4: Swimmers learns back swim and front crawl (10m), work on flutter kick on back, perform kneeling dive, introduction to sculling and can swim 25 meters continuously.
- Swim Kids 5: Swimmers develop front crawl (15m), learn back crawl (15m) and whip kick on back, learn stride dive and treading water, perform head-first sculling on back, and swim 50 meters continuously
- Swim Kids 6: Swimmers increase their distance on front and back crawl (25m) , learn elementary back stroke and the dolphin kick. They also swim 75 meters continuously
- Swim Kids 7: Swimmers increase their distance on front and back crawl (50m) and elementary back stroke (25m). They learn front scull and stride entry. Perform whip kick on front and the dolphin kick. They also swim 150 meters continuously
- Swim Kids 8: Front crawl, back crawl and elementary backstroke to be refined They learn breast stroke, eggbeater/tread water, feet-first surface dive and standing shallow dive. Swim 300 meters continuously
- Swim Kids 9: Front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke and breaststroke continue to be refined. Learn side stroke kick and head-first surface dive. Swim 400 meters continuously
- Swim Kids 10: Further refinement of strokes. They learn side stroke, dolphin kick (vertical), and feet- and head-first surface dives with underwater swim. Swim 500 meters continuously
We pride ourselves in having dynamic, friendly, passionate, and experienced swim instructors. In order to attract the best, we compensate our swim instructors well to help ensure our lessons are of the highest quality. Also, as our instructors have to travel to our client’s backyard pools, they are paid for 30 minutes of travel time per house they visit (this helps cover their travel time as well as their gas).